Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Storm's Begun

Hi all, and welcome to the Struck Lightning blog. This site's dedicated to information about the Struck Lightning podcast and its developer/host, Josh Boykin (me)! Wow, what a debut...all this new technology I've been trying to get familiar with to promote this thing is complicated. But you know, it's worthwhile...and I'm learning a lot, so that's pretty awesome.

So, some of you might be wondering...what's Struck Lightning's purpose (other than to inflate the ego of its host)? Well, I created Struck Lightning for multiple purposes...for one, I've always wanted my own radio show. So I guess this is a great way for me to do that, work on my radio hosting voice... But I've also wanted an outlet to distribute advice through, and I've always wanted to create a method for writers to get more writing experience...hence, the subject matter for Struck Lightning!

For those who haven't listenened yet, there are a few segments: Bit O' News, Bit O' Crap (irrelevant news), iPod Shuffle Experience (where I play a random song from my iTunes), Daisy Chain Story Time (listener submitted serial story, like a daisy chain of authorship!), and Ask Josh (my chance to be Ann Landers (I'm not a doctor or "qualified", so don't sue me. I'm just trying to help!). I'm really hoping that this turns out to be an interesting show!

Anyway, I hope you take the time to listen to the pilot and let me know your thoughts/suggestions. The link for the first ep of the podcast is here. Twitter-ers out there, the Twitter page is linked here. And the email address is strucklightning@gmx.com; let me know what you think!

Thanks for your time, everyone! Enjoy the storm!

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment